Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Part 6-Life Goes On

Part 6-Life Goes On

Brad Hewitt sitting in Dottie’s restaurant waitng for Brooke
The restaurant is empty except for the wait staff.The table is set with fine linen crystal goblets and fine china .Brooke enters the restaurant looks around for Brad
“Hello Brad where is all the diners tonight this place is usually packed!’asks Brooke clearly puzzled
"I rented out the place just for us !’he says as a violinist comes up playing but Brad waves him away and goes to Dottie’s antique jukebox and puts a quarter in to play The Platter’s" Only you’
Taking Brooke’s hand he dances with her and dips her seductively!
Brooke laughs and thanks him for the wonderful dance looking incredibly charmed!
“That song is way beyond my time more like my mother’s but I do love it!’she says smiling
“So what would my lady like?" Brad asks after Brooke has a chance to peruse the menu.
“Ooh I’m just not sure they have such wonderful food here!’says Brooke
“Why don’t we order a bunch of different things and share” says Brad
“That’s sounds good!’ says Brooke”but you better not expect me to share my dessert !I don’t share dessert!’
“I would never be foolish enough to get between you and your chocolate!’laughs Brad”besides
I’m rather fond of my fingers. "
“Smart man!says Brooke laughing
After a delicious dinner and lots of smiles and laughter Brad gets up gain and puts another quarter in the jukebox and plays Aerosmith’s “I Don’t Want To Miss a Thing!’
Brooke looks surprised but smiles as Brad starts sinnging it to her as he dances with her.
Just then the front door of the restaurant rings as someone comes in.It’s Erica followed by Jack
“The restaurant is closed for a private party you’ll have to come back another day!’ says the maitre
“Come on Erica let’s go they're closed!’says Jack
“No I’m hungry and I want to eat!’Erica says pouting
“ Erica you promised no more Diva Kane attiutude!’complains Jack
“I’m trying Jack I really am but I’m hungry !’says Erica
“Hello Erica!’ says Brooke noticing them and hearing Erica
“Hello Brooke I’m sorry we’re interrupting your night will go!' says Erica with a look to Jack that says see I’m being good!
Brooke gets a shocked look on her face she thinks aloud “Who is this woman and what have you done with the real Erica Kane!’
“I know Brooke I’ve not been the nicest woman to you in the past I apoligize for interrupting your evening we’ll go now! she says walking towards the door
“Brad I appreciate all the trouble you’ve gone through for me tonight but would you mind if Erica and Jack joined us even if only for coffee and dessert!’
Brad looks a little dismayed fingers something in his jacket pocket but then says indulgently“Sure whatever you want Brooke!’
”We‘ll join you but I‘ll just have coffee!’ says Jack
“Thanks Brooke that’s it really nice of you and you too is it Brad ?'asks Erica flirting a little
“Yes it’s Brad and your Erica Kane ?"’
“That’s right and this is my fiance Jackson Montgomery!’says Erica
“Again Erica?’ says Brooke then mouths to Jack”Are you sure?’Jack nods and Erica laughs and says
“Yes!But I’m proving myself to Jack!I’m proving that I can be a mature partner for Jack someone who can support him as much as he supports me .someone who doesn’t embarrass him!’says Erica
“As I said before who are you and what have you done with Erica?’states Brooke
”I‘m the Erica Kane that Mona would be proud to call Daughter !The Erica Kane who can still flirt but who loves Jackson Montgomery!Erica 2.0”says Erica
“I’ll believe it when I see it!’ says Brooke under her breath”after all aren’t you still the Erica who had an affair with your grandchild’s father?”
“And what do you do for a living?’ Brad asks Erica
Erica sputters as she realizes he doesn’t know who she is
“I’m Erica Kane I’m a famous cover model and cosmetic business owner!And you what do you do ?she says very snootily
“I’m a hotel financier I deal in hotels and other corporate industries!says Brad
“Really?How fascinating !'says Erica putting on the charm
“Not really it’s just business!'says Brad shutting her down
“Jackson is a lawyer!'says Erica proudly
‘ Do you specialize?” asks Brad
“I actually was D.A. at one time in Pine Valley Pennsylvannia but now I just take cases on case by case basis!
“You should run as D.A. again we could use a really good D.A.here in Happy Valley!Who could get tough on crime!’ says Brad
“I’ll think about it!'says Jack non -commital
They have a fun evening as they talk old times and eat choclate cake!As Jack and Erica get up to leave Erica pouts
“You still owe me a dinner Jack a woman can’t leave on cake alone!’says Erica as she puts on her coat
“Really ?says Jack “Why don’t you wait until we get home and I’ll order you a pizza!’
“Okay!’ says Erica “if you order gourmet pizza but first I’ll be your dessert!’
“I think I just threw up a little !'says Brooke hearing Erica
“She’s obviously not a friend so why did we eat dinner with her?’asks Brad
“It was a test and you passed!’ says Brooke”Besides I like Jack!‘
“Test?”asks Brad
“Yes to see if Erica’s charms would woo you but I believe they didn’t!’says Brooke
“I’m kind of hurt that you thought that she would!’says Brad
‘ Many men have dated her then dated me then chose her once again!”says Brooke
“Really they must be really blind you are ten times the woman she is!’says Brad”but he seemed too nice for her!”
“I knew I liked you!’says Brooke
“I had kind of hoped you might fall in love with me!’ says Brad
‘ I think in time maybe I will!’ says Brooke smiling as Brad’s hand leaves his pocket and you realize he’s been hiding a ring box that he slips in his coat pocket to await another time.He slips Brooke’s coat on her as they walk into the street .
“It was a magical evening Brad thank-you!’ says Brooke
“It doesn’t have to end !’says Brad “you could spend the night with me!’
‘ I don’t know I would want to give you the idea that I’m easy!’ says Brooke flirting
“You are a queen among woman a goddess a goddess is never easy just fascinating!’says Brad
“Home Brad !'says Brooke breathing into Brad's ear and getting into Brad’s car
‘Yours or mine!’asks Brad afraid to ask
‘ Home to Chez Hewitt !'says Brooke smiling
“Chez Hewitt it is!’says Brad grinning from ear to ear!
Fadeout
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment