Monday, January 4, 2010

Part 21 -New Beginnings and New Alliances

Part 21 -New Beginnings and New Alliances

“Hello Ryan!’Aislin says tentatively as Ryan answers the door
“Oh my it can’t be can it is you Caitlin?Ryan asks with joy
“Yes it’s been along time Ryan!’she says
“I’ve missed you so much!’ he says hugging her and then noticing she’s still in the doorway says “Come in come in and meet my daughter!’Emma come here I’ve got someone I want you to meet!Wait a minute you’ve all ready met Emma and I’ve met your son Aaron a fine kid!But Emma doesn’t know who you are!”
“What are you talking about Daddy I’ve already met Dr.McGillis!says Emma like Ryan has two heads
“You’re Dr.McGillis?’ says Ryan surprised
“yes!’ says Aislin quietly
“Emma I want you to meet Dr.MacGillis again because she’s very special person!
She’s my sister,and your Aunt the one of the ones I told you I couldn’t find !This is my younger sister Caitlin!”
“But I don’t understand why didn’t she come here sooner ?’asks Emma her eyes narrowing oddly looking like her father
“I’m sure it’s along story now if you don’t mind Emma I’d really like some time alone to catch up with my sister!’ says Ryan"We will tell you the story later!"
“Yes okay whatever I’m only your daughter!’says Emma going up to her room
“Ryan my story is long and I want you to listen to me without getting angry and jumping to conclusions .Just hear me out okay!says Caitlin(reverting back to her name that she prefers)
“Long ago when you were sixteen you left and I understood why!It was awful in that house mom was drinking and the man who called himself our father beat us! After you left he did so much much more .Braden was gone!That left Jonathan as the one there that Daddy would beat the most. Only Jon wasn’t quite right he hardly ever spoke and that man beat us constantly !
“Our father was a cold hearted mean man!’Ryan says vehemently
“Erin and I would try to shelter Colleen and Jonathan.Erin was able to charm the bird off trees! Erin would calm him a lot of the time but there were times when even that didn’t work.I missed so much school with bruises and contusions from him well mother drank herself under the table.
“I’m sorry Erin I should have come back and somehow got you all away from him!’says Ryan sadly
“It wasn’t your fault you were to young to save us and no one else seemed to notice we were in jeopardy!When I was barely 13 he came home and he seemed to think I was mother! He called me Gail and said if it wasn’t for my rutting around we’d have a fine house and he’d have a decent job.He began hitting all the time saying how could he be sure any of the children were his!He backed me into a corner then he hit me so hard my lip started bleeding my eye felt like it was falling out of it’s socket.He kept hitting me with his fists and kicking me with his boots! It hurt so bad Ryan I thought this is it I’m going to die .My ribs felt broke as he kicked me .I was breaking into a million little pieces Jon picked up the poker to help me I wrenched it out of his hands as that man started kicking at me well hitting Jon at the same time.I swung it at his head one blow and he went down.Bleeding from the ears!I killed him Ryan.I killed our father!”Caitlin says in horror crying all the while and shaking with the memory
“It was self defence Caitlin what were you suppose to do let him kill you and Jon?”asks Ryan
“Jon forgot he doesn’t remember any of it! The police thought he’d gotten into a bar fight and a blow had killed him! Time went by I went to school medical school and had Aaron but somehow Alex Cambias Sr.found out!” explains Caitlin
”Alex Cambias?”asks Ryan
”Yes Alex Cambias and he told me unless I did what he wanted he would tell the authorities and I would go to jail!‘
”That‘s his speciality finding something he can take advantage of you with!‘
“He came to me when I’d just finished medical school .Aaron’s dad had just died and he told me that he knew I’d killed my father but he’d keep quiet and Aaron would have his mom if I’d do one thing for him!
“What was that?’asks Ryan
“Move to Happy Valley and take up practice here!’So I did but it wasn’t just one thing!’
“It never is with that man!’states Ryan
“He wanted me to tamper with a patient and brainwash a patient for him .I balked and he said I know where your son goes to school and then showed me a picture of him outside his school!’I was terrified!”
“Of course you were! What did you do?”asks Ryan
“I faked that I was doing what he asked while helping my patient get better!’says Caitlin
“Then what did Alex do?’
“He told me that he was sure you were going to want therapy and I could provide it!’”I told him that you’d recognize me and he said nonsense and that I was making excuses!
“I told him No! I wasn’t going to he pulled out the picture of Aaron a new picture taking that afternoon!I pretended I would do it as he hurt my wrist!I’m sorry Ryan I would never do as that man, Alex Cambias asked! I can’t let him hold me hostage anymore I don’t care if the authorities have him he’ll always be a threat to me if I don’t come forward! I’m going to the authorities and tell them what I did and throw myself on their mercy!Can you forgive me and if I go to jail will you look after Aaron your nephew?’Caitlin begs her words spilling out quickly as if afraid she won't be able to tell it all”I really need this favor Ryan!”
“Caitlin you’re my sister !I love you and you were put in a bad situation not once but twice because of me and I wasn’t there! You are not a killer look at me !"he says taking her face in his hands when she hides her eyes crying! “You defended yourself and Jonathan that’s called self-defence not murder.As for anything else you have nothing to be sorry for you didn’t give in to Alex Cambias no matter what he put to you!I’m proud of you Caitlin and I love you!If you must go to the police then let me call my buddy Jesse .Tell him the story he’ll be fair and if something does happen I’ll look after Aaron! But it’s not going to because it wasn’t murder and I’m not about to lose my little sister again!says Ryan throwing his arms around his sister and hugging her”This is one time your big brother is not going to let you down!” Ryan vows picking up his cellphone
“Jesse Ryan here can you do me a favor and come to my house?’Ryan asks just as Emma hears only this conversation and thinks Jesse and Ryan know what she’s done to Aaron and Kathy.
“Daddy I’m sorry I don’t know why I did such awful things!Emma says
“Why don’t you tell me about it says Ryan calmly calling on all his inner strength not to get mad at Emma because this sounds big!
“Daddy I was mad at Kathy and Aaron.I didn’t know Aaron was my cousin and I liked him and he kissed Kathy !I was mad actaully very angry and I hacked both their spacebooks and stole theri phones and sent them silly messages.I set up a website to diss them and spread rumors around the school!’confesses Emma one word after tumbling out so quickly that waht she said is hard to follow!
“Emma Lavery I can’t believe you do this! says Ryan angrily then once he understands what she did “Obviously your mother and I didn’t set really good examples when you were younger with our foolish behavior but we have always tried to show you to behave properly! Emma what you did is criminal behavior.Do you realize you could be prosecuted?” Ryan says in horror and fear as his voice drops at the end”Oh no what am I going to do how am I going to protect you?he asks “I don’t want to go to jail says Emma growing pale and then wailing “I don’t want to go to jail!’Help me Daddy help me!’she crys out holding her arms out to Ryan
Fadeout
 

No comments:

Post a Comment