Monday, January 18, 2010

Part 5-Life Goes On

Part 5-Life Goes On

Max is sitting in his wheelchair stretching his leg out trying to get it to work.
Matteo comes in and says
“How are you doing today Max?’
“howw ddooo yoo think Ia m!says Max trying hard to speak clearly
“wow Max you’re really getting better at speaking we’ll have you speaking clear sentences soon!
“I fee feee I feeeeeeeeel likkke a chiiild ,a bbbbabee!’ says Max
“I know it’s frustrating son!
“wa..wha..what dooo yooou bout it?’says Max angrily
“ I don’t you’re right and I know you’re frustrated but things are getting better!’
“Ho...Howho’s En...en..?’asks Max dismissing Matteo's comments
“Enzo?asks Matteo (Max nods to Mateo here)“he’s doing much better he’s walking with crutches .He’ll never play football again but he’s doing okay!’
“ feeels gulllee!’
“Enzo feels guily?’Yes but we all have been telling him it’s not his fault! He’s seeing a psychiatrist Dr.Mcgillis she’s pretty good!’says Matteo
“Goood caaaan shhee gett him tooo come heeeere?’ask Max
‘ I’ll see what I can do!’says Matteo
“How mmom?’asks Enzo
“Mom’s good she’s taken a few months leav from work .She’s actaully coming here soon!Oops spoiled your surprise!
(Max smiles a crooked smile)
Haley arrives a few minutes later
“How’s my boy today?she asks
“he’s doing well mom!’ says Matteo
“I amm goood Mooom!’ says Max proudly slowly the syllables to make himself descipherable!
“oh Max that’s wonderful!’says Haley crying with joy!
“Momm it’s ookkay!’says Max
‘yes yes it is Max!says Haley”both my boy are getting better! Thank-you God!”(she says looking up at he ceiling)
“ I missssed yooo!’Max says
“I missed yo too honey!’Haley says
“Cooomme home soon?’asks Max
“Yes I think you’ll be able to come home soon!says Matteo
“I think so too you keep working at it and Grandpa has promised we can move into his house! We’re moving there at theend of the week!
“Suure momm Gran haard leeve with?’asks Max
“Yes I’m sure honey!I’m going tohave to go back to my job and so will your dad! Grandpa has offered us a nurse and a place to live where you can alwayshave some there!’
“soooree sacch beerden!’
“You are not a burden!We love you and can hardly wait to have you with us!says Haley as Matteo says the same
“loove you both!’says Max
“We love you too!’says Haley and Max
“Nexxxt tiimme breeeng Ennzo!"says Max
“We will sweetie!’ says Haley “goodbye honey
“Goodbye son! says Matteo
“Gooodbye Mooom an Daddd!says Max as the leave his room
“He really is getting better isn’t he?’asks Haley
“yes he is and we will soon have him with us!says Matteo
“good!’ says Haley” We’re not the only ones that miss him Enzo needs him desperately!”
Fadeout

No comments:

Post a Comment